[xml-dev] Thank you (was: My Deepest Condolences)

I've remained fairly steady emotionally during the course of recent tragic
events, but what has brought more than one tear to my eye has been the
heartfelt sympathy expressed by citizens and governments overseas.

As Americans, we see ourselves caricatured abroad in unflattering ways; we
hear of the trade disputes with various countries and the political
disagreements with their governments. We see frequent protests against
American culture, business, and policies. It is touching to know that
nonetheless we have the affection of the vast majority of the people abroad,
and for this we are deeply thankful and grateful for your support in this
time of national tragedy.