[xml-dev] xml schema trouble

hi list

I am quite xml schemas and is having a bit of trouble

i have written an XML and XSL document and have created a schema to go with
the xml, but my problem is, how do i validate my xml document against the
schema i have written,

what code do i need to add to the start of the xml document after these
lines
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="trans.xsl"?>

many thanks

Ian