[xml-dev] How to create a XML Document without prolog- java

Hi,
  I encounter some difficulties when replace my old Sun SAX parser and IBM
DOM parser to JAXP1.1 that implemented by either crimson or xerces. In
addition, I want to use Xalan for xslt. I have hard time to do some basic
work I used to do with old API.
Task as follow:
  I often need to create a Document without prolog. Is there any clever way
I can do this?
  Also, I need a fast method to convert between doc to string and vise
versa. The new API I used all slower than the old method call.

   If you know how to do the trick in such environment, please share! Your
help is greatly appreciated..
Thanks much!

Dunping