RE: [xml-dev] XML & images (binary data )

Mithun Alexander writes:
>what are the ways XML handles binary data ?
>for eg
>how do i have an image file with a xml document !
>(other than having url references )
>The image file of my particular interest are DICOM
>images for medical purpose. (which are really huge )

There are some provisions in the schema spec for binary data types, but in
general, it's best to declare external unparsed entities for such files. See
the XML FAQ at http://www.ucc.ie/xml/#graph.

Bob DuCharme            www.snee.com/bob             <bob@
snee.com>      see http://www.snee.com/bob/xsltquickly for
info on new book "XSLT Quickly" from Manning Publications.