[xml-dev] variable trouble

hi can anyone help

i want to sue variables to calculate the total value in a table
in each table row i am calulating the total amount by "<xsl:value-of
select="quantity * amount"/>" . I now want to use a variable to hold the
overall total by incrementing everytime i loop through my table, generating
a total amount for all the table rows.

if anyone can help i would be extremely grateful

thanks

Ian