RE: [xml-dev] The Semantic Web: An Introduction

That would be my start.  Say one collects
some set of information in XML document form,
and this document is a resource (has a URI)
or set of resources (XLinks as relationships
or conceptual pointers) has assertions made
about the resources.

I am listening to the
Ken North interview of Chen, Carlson et al for
enlightenment in conceptual modeling.   We've
discussed this in HumanML and we found that
for example, UML, lead to the object-oriented
implementation not exactly the conceptual
model.  That may be our inexperience because
as I understand it, a conceptual model could
be used to unite these.  I don't know if that
fixes the interoperation in the architecture.
For example, should one consult the UML model
to determine that the semantic of say the XML
Schema categories and RDF classes overlap,
are the same and that an XSLT process is
appropriate?

GIGO systems are easy to build.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard