RE: [xml-dev] XML stylesheets

I agree.  It is much simpler to build up libraries
of CSS property sets and for some applications,
eg those that attach behaviors, the easiest game.

Months to build a stylesheet is excessive unless
the requirements keep perturbating.  I have seen
organizations where combinations of political
influence, changes of management, undiscovered
requirements etc. make for high uncertainty.

Again, much depends on the kind of experience
they come to the task with as others have noted.
Given the abundance of examples on the web, there
are plenty of good resources to start from once
one understands the basics.  There are a couple
of conceptual hurdles.  I did spend some time
working out when variables and params were to
be applied and of course, level of support
in the framework makes a difference.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.