[xml-dev] Re: Higher-level protocol encoding info

* John Cowan wrote about two months ago:
>Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>
>> Some people, e.g. Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> argued, that this
>> passage is an erratum, since the specification states in other passages,
>> that encoding information may be gathered from some higher level
>> protocol. I asked at xml-editor@w3.org for some clarification on this
>> but I got no reply, neither is there any new item regarding this section
>> in the current errata.
>
>Philippe's report is in the queue, and I personally expect that the
>Core WG will act on it soon in the direction suggested.

There are actually a lot of documents that repeat what XML 1.0 says,
even W3C Technical Reports, so this is a rather serious issue.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2001AprJun/0230.html
is now about 4 months old and there is still nothing in the errata. Why?