From: Jerry Murray
To: JOHN CANT /6183; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Sent: 9/20/01 1:24 PM
Subject: Things are not what they seem  - was RE: [xml-dev] Urgently need a
reality check on the job market for XML development

I did the same thing and I uploaded my resume.

But as I started checking many of the positions are reposts of the same
position and a very high number of the positions are actually closed.
And many recruiters say companies are currently putting things on hold.

I have gotten negative response for the number of jobs I have had in the
past two years - TWO.  The first company, iVendor, closed their doors
and the second company is cutting back so they don't have to.  Besides a
little consulting to get experience, I stayed at the same place for over
13 years.   If I look like a job hopper to HR, I want to drink what they
are drinking....

The job market is really depressing but then I watch the news and feel
very lucky.