-----Original Message-----
From: Simon St.Laurent [mailto:simonstl@simonstl.com]

For a lot of XML work, I have to agree with Len.  When I'm looking for
writers on XML subjects, insight (and the ability to communicate that
insight) is the main thing I'm seeking.  Similarly, if I have project
that's already well-scoped out, people with imagination for the details are
going to do great work rather than redesign everything.

At the same time, I'm worried that valuing insight over vision causes some
serious problems, perhaps especially in this (XML) community.  "How to use
XML" is something we've barely begun to figure out, and preferring insight
to vision is likely to keep us on the same narrow set of paths.  This isn't
a trade as well-understood as electrical work or plumbing, and electricians
and plumbers have all kinds of opinions about how best to do things.