RE: [xml-dev] Has XML run its course?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

> The smart people won't abandon XML.  They will take
> XML Schemas and learn to use them like a farmer builds a
> stone wall and marks grazing land from the vegetable
> garden.   Others will use XSLT to make meals of the
> produce and the meat.  Some, unable to stand the
> enclosures of the commons will go looking for
> more adventure and some ideal of freedom elsewhere.
> In the end, most will have most of what they want,
> but a few will go to their graves cursing the farmers,
> cursing the bankers and yearning for the good old
> days when they could sling a tag-stacking HTML parser
> over their backs and go huntin' grizz.

why are you combining xml and xml schemas -- people using XML does *not*
imply they will use XML Schemas.

XML Schemas, to the best of my knowledge, has been the most controversial
topic, so I think saying that XML implies XML Schema is not correct. I
think these are the mistakes we (especially the more knowledgeable and
experienced people) should try to avoid.

<warning>speaking for himself only</warning>

cheers and regards - murali.