RE: [xml-dev] Has XML run its course?

Well, I got a smile from after hearing about OASIS' UBL initiative recently.

Brought me back to the days when I was at Boeing and some group that was put
in charge of standardizing the company's "data dictionary" told us we had to
change the names of items in our still-in-development data model. That was
fair enough, but we had identified bits of data that they didn't have in
their dictionary. So they told us to wait on naming these things until we
heard back from them.

Never did hear from them again. Not that we felt it prudent to wait, mind
you...

Maybe UBL will have better luck, but I'll in the meantime be plowing while
they're formalizing.