Re: [xml-dev] Here's a good question

Tom Bradford wrote:

> Why does the DOM suck so badly?  I'll leave the many reasons for the
> question to your imagination and cumulative experience.

I have a hard time using the word "suck" with the DOM. Admittedly, it
lacks the elegance of SAX 1.0, but I found it almost trivial to learn
and have had very few problems, except for the omissions I posted the
other day (and the fact that the interfaces aren't listed in a
discernable order in the spec -- maybe alphabetic would help?)

The DOM also is one of the few XML specs that is modularized, a thing I
am very, very happy about.

> Is it all Mike Champion's fault? :)

Probably. If we just had more people like him to blame...

-- Ron