Re: [xml-dev] using schemas

At 04:22 28-09-2001, Ian Rogers wrote:
>I have created an xml file and a schema to go with it. the trouble is i'm
>not sure how you get the xml to validate against the schema i have created.

The first thing you need is software for validating documents against schemas.

The second thing you need to do is read the documentation for that software
to see how it wants you to specify what document and what schema to use.

There is a schemaLocation defined in the XSDL Recommendation (see <URL:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#schemaLocation >), but the software needs
to know what to do with it.  Few XML parsers actually support XSDL; schema
validation is usually a layer on top of the parser.

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, Principal Consultant, HMM Consulting Int'l, Inc.