Re: [xml-dev] What is more expensive persisting DOM in Memory orcreating DOM

On Friday 28 September 2001 17:33, Haresh Gujarathi wrote:
> What is more expensive in terms of performance for a Web application?
>
> maintaining DOM in memory for use in subsequent requests or
> recreating the DOM every time a request comes in

It depends on the size of the DOM, on whether you can share it in memory
accross processes/threads, on how much time it takes to recreate it, etc. If
it's small and shareable (and preferably read-only) then I'd probably leave
it in memory. But that's just me.

Robin Berjon <robin@knowscape.com> -- CTO
k n o w s c a p e : // venture knowledge agency www.knowscape.com
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention, with the possible exceptions of handguns and Tequila.