Re: [xml-dev] Has XML run its course?

Didier PH Martin wrote:
> ... This is what is happening. There is no more XML per se, but a
> plethora of languages based on it. So, the next stage is that we
> hear about applications created with XML based languages. ...

What did you see XML as?

I was under the impression XML is a syntactic system for creating
application specific languages.

Certain of the application languages, such as XSL, XSchema, DocBook, are
understood to be general accepted standards.  Others are generated for
single use cases.

That people use such a language for what it is intended doesn't cause
that language to cease to be, anymore than saying that 'there is no more
UML per se' because people are creating application specific class
models with it.

Pete