Re: [xml-dev] Has XML run its course?

On Sun, 2001-09-30 at 17:18, Pete Kirkham wrote:
> I was under the impression XML is a syntactic system for creating
> application specific languages.

Yeah, that's the uninspiring definition.

I find "a syntax for structuring and labeling information" a lot more
interesting.  Application-specific is so, well, application-specific.

I'd like to think there's a lot more value in reusing content in
unexpected ways than in just managing information for a particular
application.

Unfortunately, lots of people just seem to see cheap tools and want more
and more and more and more of them so they can create their own little
application-specific domains.

--
Simon St.Laurent
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue