[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [xml-dev] Schemas Vs DTDs
- From: Jeff Lowery <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: 'Amol' <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 16:17:28 -0700
I'm really surprised I was not able to find a comprehensive FAQ on this, but
the above two references should be of help.
From: Amol [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 12:43 AM
Subject: [xml-dev] Schemas Vs DTDs
I am a newbie in XML .
I need some info abt schemas and DTDs
What should be preferred amongst Schema and DTD while using XML.
I know that there are a few added advantages abt Schemas such as
1. they have open content model which allows us to add more elements and /
2. u can specify datatypes for the elements or the attributes ..
3. u can have namespaces for ur schemas
and a few more..
but I don't have any solid argument as to why schema or DTD is used.
Can anyone pl tell me what should be preferred or is there any standard
practice to use only DTDs ..
coz from all the previous mails that i have received from this mailing list
..i have only seen people using DTDs.