RE: [xml-dev] Cutting special deals for open source developers -- noway!

The small law firms which specialize in buying up questionable patents
and licensing them for slightly less that it would cost to fight them?

I'm *sure* that's what Len had in mind :~)

I do personally know of one small company (name withheld to protect the
guilty) with a couple of patents that they have licensed successfully.  The
patents in question were, however, of the "patent a semi-obvious idea before
anyone else does and sic the lawyers on the poor suckers who re-invent that
diameter of wheel" variety, not a stirring advertisement for Intellectual
Property Rights in a Free Economy.