[xml-dev] Generating reports for XML-based tables

Hi everybody,

Maybe this a stupid question or the wrong list.

The company I work for, have a bunch of information in an old platform
(Oracle 7/NCR 3450) which in turn is going to be discarded.
We want to preserve this information using a XML file for every table
(this seems to be an easy step).
We want to preserve some SQL-based reports (with select statements
using "wheres" and "joins").

I'm convinced that is unavoidable to rewrite these reports and Im trying
to figure out what is the better way.

Would you be kind enough of  giving some light ? Any ideas ?

TIA,
Jorge Bello