[xml-dev] Generating reports for XML-based tables

Hi everybody,

Maybe this a stupid question or the wrong list.

The company I work for, have a bunch of information in an old platform
(Oracle 7/NCR 3450) which in turn is going to be discarded.
We want to preserve this information using a XML file for every table
(this seems to be an easy step).
We want to preserve some SQL-based reports (with select statements
using "wheres" and "joins").

I'm convinced that is unavoidable to rewrite these reports and I´m trying
to figure out what is the better way.

Would you be kind enough of  giving some light ? Any ideas ?

TIA,
Jorge Bello