Re: [xml-dev] Notation processors

"Al B. Snell" wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Nicolas LEHUEN wrote:
>
> > Could we say that ECN is a "stylesheet" language designed to express the
> > encoding of data following a particular schema expressed in ASN.1 ?
>
> Yes, I think so (Olivier? Back me up here, I'm not an ECN expert)

Wow! I'd never have dreamed of ECN quoted on an XML list :)
Well... it's an interesting way to explain ECN. The analogy is really good
IMO, for ECN Encoding Link Modules *apply* encodings on ASN.1 values (instances of a type) in the same way as, I think, stylesheets apply transformations on XML documents (instances of a XML schema).
Of course what goes out of ECN is binary, not textual (for the moment).

--
Olivier DUBUISSON
france telecom R&D