Re: [xml-dev] entity encodings (was: root tag)

>   I need to read the encoding attribute from the first
> xml tag (<?xml ... ).
>
>   Is this possible whith SAX?. I've tried
> processingInstruction and startElement....

The question comes up enough that a new extension
should be handling it.  The extension is defined, but
not "released" (it's in CVS, as an "alpha" release).

  http://sax.sourceforge.net/apidoc/org/xml/sax/ext/Locator2.html

So far as I know, that's not yet implemented anywhere.

- Dave