Re: [xml-dev] XML Database Decision Tree?

   Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:55:01 -0700
   From: Eric Lemond <elemond@neocore.com>

   > DanW

   If I decide I want to put a new stereo in my car, wouldn't I have to
   dismantle it, add the stereo and reassemble it in the RDBMS world?  With
   an XML DBMS, I just pop in the stereo.

Yeah, I think that's a fair extension of the analogy.

   In addition, in the RDBMS world, if I need two cars (one a fast sports
   car to get there quickly and another luxury to give me more amenities) I
   need two separate cars.  In the XML DBMS world, I can have one car that
   does both.

I guess I don't see how that one fits.  It's not part of the point I was
tyring to make, anyway.