RE: [xml-dev] When to Validate XML?

That's a good point.  The XML validation might be an easy (well, easy once
end-user tools that support XML schemas mature) way of checking the easy
stuff with little programming effort, letting the programmers focus on the
more complex aspects of validation that require procedural code.

An XML database server might be the logical place for the XML-level
validation (perhaps when data is stored), and the application server the
logical place for the "business logic", "trusting" the XML database to serve
up schema-valid instances.  (Not that any XML databases currently support
the W3C schema spec in all its glory, but this is definitely a direction for
many of us).