RE: [xml-dev] Java, DTD locally

Hi Randall.

If all the XML documents to be validated contain a
DOCTYPE that points to the remote official copy of
the DTD, then your system could use an
org.xml.sax.EntityResolver to substitute the remote
DTD with a local copy. For example, the
EntityResolver.resolveEntity(String,String) method
could return an InputSource for a local copy of the
DTD when it is asked to resolve the entity whose
public ID is "-//OurMessage//EN" and whose system ID
is "http://somehost/URI/some.dtd".

Hope this helps.

Bob

<sig name    = 'Bob Lyons'
     title   = 'XML and Java Consultant'
     company = 'Unidex, Inc.'
     phone   = '+1-732-975-9877'
     email   = 'boblyons@unidex.com'
     url     = 'http://www.unidex.com/'
     product = 'XML Convert: transforms flat files to XML and vice versa' />