Re: [xml-dev] Re: determining ID-ness in XML

Jeff Rafter wrote:

> In general, if we accept the argument that IDs *are* orthogonal to both
> Validation and Well-Formedness then removing them to an xml:id attribute
> would be the best solution.

I can't understand that connection at all. If IDs are orthogonal to both
validation and well-formedness (true, IMHO), why jeopardise the ability to check
validity and well-formedness in pursuit of a solution to an unrelated problem? I
don't see what makes that "best".

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au