-----Original Message-----
From: Champion, Mike [mailto:Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com]

> From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) [mailto:clbullar@ingr.com]

> Independent parties should not be extending
> the rules for the system vocabulary.  That
> is precisely what so many here beat MS up for.

I thought Elliotte Harold was suggesting that both the namespace mechanism
as well as PIs provide a pre-approved way of extending the rules to
accomodate ID-ness. Unless I'm missing something, declaring an attribute to
be in the "id namespace" could work as well or better as the PI suggestion
... *if* we want to propose some interim solution that doesn't require a W3C
Recommendation.