RE: [xml-dev] [OT] Missing posts

Is this part of the "worse is better... we should
allow the web to fail" sort of thing, or are you
relying on the maintainer to keep all internals
oriented to your application?  I don't mean that
to be a mean question, but to point out where
some of the problems of very large internetted
apps and services are even if the tech works.

I know this is frustrating.  But there
is a sense here of the unreliability and costs
of web-based solutions precisely because of a
technical approach that says it is ok to fail
therefore, worse is better, yet on the other
hand, requiring data sources that are free to
access to provide perfect service.  One can only commit assets
based on the QOS numbers of the implementation
and that means either humans do the work, or
machines do.  TANSTAAFL.

Imagine web services for ASPs without QOS numbers.
Part of the competitive edge will be the ability
to sustain that service reliably.

len