RE: [xml-dev] DOM or SAX: Sense and Sensibility

I agree. But I also think it stems from cultures that are timeline-focused
and where every task is approached in a myopic fashion with an artificial,
sustained sense of urgency. They don't see the benefits they can gain from
this without investing some time in understanding it, and they don't want to
invest the time in understanding it because they are "too busy" and there is
no ROI in chasing the "latest and greatest" XML technologies. So they waste
time reinventing the wheel, instead, or doing things in a far less
productive manner than they could.

I don't think this is unique to XML technologies. It's an endemic problem in
the IT world. Hell, I'd be happy if every place I worked they actually took
the time to design before coding and followed sound SDLC principles, much
less invest some time in learning from the experience of others who have
already found elegant solutions to similar problems. Most developers (and
most IT shops) just don't work that way, unfortunately.