Re: [xml-dev] Caught napping!

| And I guess that when the XML really picks up speed, we will see the big
| ones, (IBM, Oracle, MS) add W3C XQuery and perhaps W3C Schema
| capabilites to their existing database systems, making it very easy to
| work with XML data/documents on the storage level.

You are sure to be impressed with what we've been working
on in the XML Schema, XMLType, Oracle database integration
space. As soon as I'm able to say something publically about
what we've been working on for the last two years in this
area, xml-dev will be the first to know. Suffice it to say
that the XMLType functionality and the XPath-integrated-with-SQL
functionality in the current production Oracle9i release (described
in a recent Oracle Magazine article
http://www.oracle.com/oramag/oracle/01-nov/index.html?o61xml.html)
is the tip of a large iceberg of functionality in this space.
Deep XML Schema integration and harmonization with our existing
object/relational data model should give you a hint what we've
been up to.

All I can say for the moment...

Steve Muench - Developer, Product Manager, XML Evangelist, Author
"Building Oracle XML Applications" - www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp