Re: [xml-dev] So maybe ID isn't a problem after all.

recall that only the URI part of a URI reference is sent to the HTTP server,
it is entirely the job of the client to parse the fragment identifier.

e.g. http://example.org/foo#bar , the server is sent: http://example.org/foo
and the client uses "#bar" to find something inside what is returned.

Jonathan