RE: [xml-dev] Doing less is all a matter of perspective was Re:[xml-dev] IDs considered harmful

I have quietly watched this list for the last four months
due to my interest in and use of XML. I know my way around most
of the XML specifications and have participated in a book on
XML. While by no means an expert or necessarily advanced with
what I know I have realized a few things. I am a big fan of XML.
I find myself finding ways to use XML and some of the excellent
tools out there, specifically tools in Java quite often.

I see some incredibly smart people on this list with some very
in depth and thoughtful discussions that easily blow away most
other lists in their depth and scope. I also see that this almost
seems to be the bane of XML as we know it. I have honestly given
up on trying to figure out what it means to be an "XML Purist".

XML is a tool, the idea of XML is damn simple. There are a few
ugly spots, but I do believe and agree with Simon. XML has become
incredibly complex to the point where it is asinine to spend
to much time figuring out how all of the pieces fit together.

The X_Anything recommendations come out so fast that I feel
my knowledge is continually antiquated before I even obtain
it. Honestly, I just use XML and make my use of it pragmatic
and thoughtful. I do my best to make my usage understandable
to others and intelligent. It just seems that there is so much
going on in the XML world that it would be impossible to even
honestly implement a fraction of what is out there  before the
next new thing comes out. It is honestly quite frustrating to
a degree.

Just figured I would pipe up :)

Thanks

Jeremy Allen