Re: [xml-dev] Updating XML

> > I was wondering if there was such a thing as an 'XML Update Specification'.
> > That is, a standard way of describing a set of modifications to an XML
> > document, possibly as an XML document itself.
>
> You should take a look at http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate . XUpdate
> defines a set of XML tags for updating XML documents. XUpdate is used
> in several OpenSource projects: dbXML, ozone, 4Suite (?), XMLdiff ...

No question mark about it.  XUpdate has been available as a utility to
4Suite users since version 0.11.0.  In 4Suite 0.12.0 (ETA mid-December),
it has moved to an even fundamental architectural role: pretty much all
low-level repository updates are expressed using XUpdate (restricted to a
streamable subset of XPath for performance).

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management