Re: [xml-dev] Interoperability

> The other mechanism, and the one I think we need,
> is a simple file format for packaging all the resources
> for generic and value-added XML applications: an
> XML application archive format (XAR Gavin has
> suggested.)   The kind of thing I am suggesting
> can be found at http://www.topologi.com/public/dzip.html

OpenOffice is also using ZIP as a packaging format for XML. See

  http://xml.openoffice.org/faq.html#4

I think a ZIP-based packaging format makes a lot of sense, but getting all
the details right is non-trivial.  An OASIS TC would be a natural place to
standardize this given the overlap with entity resolution catalogs.

James