RE: [xml-dev] so why don't more browsers support XSLT?

>>But rendering generic markup has _always_ needed a transformation
language, and XML does not change that.
<<

Certainly, in the general case you need a transformation language, _and_ a
decoration language.

Which seems to produce conflicting interests: the browser vendors are
motivated to skimp on the decoration language and have the users make it up
in the transform. However many (all my colleagues and competitors anyway)
users would like to see a full decoration language so they could write a
somewhat fancier stylesheet and use a null transform in those (common,
especially if it's a design goal) cases where it can be done.

Frank