RE: [xml-dev] Element Occurrence and #PCDATA

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 09:43, Dan Mabbutt wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Thanks very much! Your message was "on target" for me.
>
> Yes, I did know most of what you wrote (and, in particular, I was aware that
> the syntax "(#PCDATA)*" is watered down mixed content), but I wasn't
> completely sure that there was no other possible reason for doing it. I also
> know that it will validate correctly in the parsers I have tried. That's why
> I used the word, "meaningful" instead of "incorrect."

The reason I tend to use (#PCDATA)* is that it's easier to extend later,
just by slapping in extra elements separated by |.

The mixed content syntax seems pretty open in fairly silly ways, but
multiple approaches pass muster.

--
Simon St.Laurent
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue