Re: [xml-dev] How to avoid the sequens of child elements in DTD, yet keep the cardinality?

Here is a rough Schematron schema for that.  Note that the plain English statements
of requirements mostly map naturally into XPath statements. Note also that this
will scale well to add other consecutive new elements, whereas the DTD version
will explode.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe

<schema xmlns="http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron";>
  <title>Schema for Albena Georgieva</title>

   <pattern>
      <rule context="Header">

          <assert test="count(Identification) = 1"
          >Header must have one and only one child element of type
        Indentification</assert>

          <assert test="count(Weight) &lt;= 1"
          >Header can have [0 ... 1] Weight children elements</assert>

          <assert test="count(Category) &gt; 0"
          >Header must have at least one Category child element</assert>

          <assert test="count(*) = count(Identification) + count(Category) +
            count(Weight) + count(Keywords)"
          >Header can have [0 ... n] Keywords</assert>

          <assert test="count(Keyword) &gt; 1 and
          (Keyword[previous-sibling::*[self::Keyword] or next-sibling::*[self::Keyword]])"
          >If there are several children of the same type Keyword, then they should be
            following each other.</assert>

          <assert test="count(Category) &gt; 1 and
          (Category[previous-sibling::*[self::Category] or next-sibling::*[self::Category]])"
          >If there are several children of the same type Category, then they should be
            following each other.</assert>

      </rule>
   </pattern>
</schema>