RE: [xml-dev] Global or shared namespace?

> OTH, XML Infoset is clear that the elements or attributes "without
> namespaces" have no namespace name:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#infoitem.element
>
>    "1. [namespace name] The namespace name, if any, of the
> element type.
> If the element does not belong to a namespace, this property
> has no value".

Just to add to the terminological morass, XPath 1.0 and XSLT 1.0 refer to
such elements and attributes as having "an expanded name with a null
namespace URI".

Whether any distinction was intended between "a name with no namespace URI"
and "a name with a null namespace URI", I really don't know!

Mike Kay