   RE: [xml-dev] cached XML Files.

Johnny Nguyen wrote:

> I've got a flash 5 game that calls an ASP File that reads and
> updates a list of top 10 scores from an XML file.
>
> The flash developers have told me that apparently the XML file is being
> cached and I'm wondering if anybody knows of a way to prevent the XML
> file from being cached?

Johnny,

This is an HTTP thing, not really an XML thing. Actually, it's more a
WinInet thing... I presume that's what Flash is using underneath. Anyway,
the proper way to fix this problem is to place the Expires HTTP header on it
via your web server or if you're using something like ASP to generate the
XML use "Response.ExpiresAbsolute = 0" to add the header for you.

Another, slightly more hacky, way around this is to always append a query
string with a timestamp on it to the URL when requesting it from Flash.

HTH,
Drew