   RE: [xml-dev] terra incognita

> At the time I argued, and I think I still believe, that XML is
> about as close as you can get to the *opposite* of O-O thinking.

I have been arguing for some time that OO is good because it does data
hiding, which is what you need when the data is owned by one application.
XML is good because it doesn't do data hiding, which is what you need in
order to communicate data beween multiple applications.

OO and traditional database technology are focused on information storage;
XML is focused on information interchange: hence the difference.

Mike Kay