   Re: [xml-dev] XML Validation Tool using MS XML 4

> At 01:58 PM 12/17/2001 -0800, Badri Lakshmiraghavan wrote:
> >I'm searching for a tool like XML spy which will do
> >schema validation but it has to use MS XML 4 [ActiveX
> >DLL] and having pretty decent editing capabilities
> >like syntax coloring. Any suggestions?

Topologi Schematron Validator is a free Windows tool
which allows validation using DTDs, W3C XML Schema
schemas, Schematron schemas, and Schematron schemas
embedded in W3C XML Schema schemas.

You can validate a document, then open it in a very
simple editor to make fast corrections. The validator
is most suited for validating directories full of files.

The editor is not coloring: in fact, we only provided it
as a viewer originally.  However, perhaps the price
is right :-)

See http://www.topologi.com/

At XML 2001, we showed the pre-beta of the Topologi
Markup Editor. This is a new class of editor, designed
to particularly meet the needs of publishers and people
with invalid or non-WF (!) documents. It will support
DTDs, RELAX NG, W3C XML Schemas and of
course Schematron.  I will be putting out some more
information on the editor beta after Christmas, so we
are keeping the detailed specifications quiet at the moment,
but it may be more the kind of tool you are looking for.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe
Topologi, Pty. Ltd.