   Re: [xml-dev] Some comments on the 1.1 draft

From: "Michael Rys" <mrys@microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Some comments on the 1.1 draft
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:14:59 -0800

> The normalization of CR, LF and CRLF can be avoided by using their
> character entities. So I still can preserve fidelity.

You are right.

How do you feel about allowing character references to C0
control functions rather than using them directly?  I was once
told that such changes are harmful, since bidirectional conversion
between characters and character references is useful for I18N.
However, since #&xD; cannot be safely converted to carriage-return,
such bidirectional conversion is already impossible.

Cheers,

Makoto