   RE: [xml-dev] WebDAV (was Re: [xml-dev] Some comments on the 1.1 draft)

I'd say under-specified.

>   2) Clarity of specification is critical for interoperability.
>
> Your original email regarding custom properties caused my response,
> essentially saying (1). We've been debating WebDAV and (2) since then.
>
> I think WebDAV will get better (and I may get involved in it
> again), but it
> doesn't need XML to change to do so.

Yes, I agree.

I wasn't proposing a change for XML. What I was proposing was a shared
(SOAP, WebDAV, ...) and XML 1.0 compliant way to embed control codes into
text content (be it as PI or mixed element content). My point was that XML
does *not* to be changed to accomplish this.

Julian