   RE: [xml-dev] Namespace Usage Question

Well, I just stumbled across an example of C. I remembered you had posted
this query, so I'm passing on the reference.

Microsoft uses a fragment identifier as a namespace URI as part of their XML
serialization format for ADO recordsets (specifically, they use
"#RowsetSchema"). You can see the XML format used at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ado270/htm/
mdconxmlpersistformat.asp

As a bit of an aside, I think it would be interesting to survey how many
schemas/specs are using namespace URIs that rely upon proprietary URI
schemes. One example I know of is SyncML, which uses the URI
"SYNCML:SYNCML1.0" as its namespace URI (see the spec at
"http://www.syncml.org/docs/syncml_represent_v101_20010615.pdf";).