   RE: [xml-dev] Recently published W3C Working Drafts (long)

> This is so interesting!
>
> If by Microsoft prototype you mean
> http://131.107.228.20/xquerydemo/
>
> Insert / Delete / Update
>
> this is really neat stuff!

[Michael Rys] Yes. This is the prototype I refer to. Note however, that
the update language there is much behind the current state of the work.

> What is the status of UPSERT word?

[Michael Rys] We are debating on what to call it and whether to include
it as a required functionality.

> Is there any paper on W3C website that
> contains this word, or this is MS-only thing?

[Michael Rys] This is combined work from some people participating in
the XML Query WG, Microsoft included. Note however, that the standard
disclaimers about no commitment to productization etc apply.

> Also, I tried searching for the word 'update'  in the
> http://www.idealliance.org/papers/xml2001/papers/html/03-01-04.html
> but it seems there is no such word in the document.
>
> Maybe you're referring to some other Jonathan Robie's
> XML 2001 talk?

[Michael Rys] See
http://www.idealliance.org/papers/xml2001/papers/html/05-03-02.html

Regards