   Re: [xml-dev] Recently published W3C Working Drafts (long)

Well, of course it is impossible to give
an accurate estimation for a technology
which is developed in such a closed style,
but from the prototype it seems that
the new version of XQuery would make
a real difference with XML repositories.

Poor vendors who're not supporting XQuery.
Well, they have no chance to support something,
that is not published.

Whatever. I'm very glad that XQuery makes such
an awesome progress and it seems that the next
year will be very interesting! Finally, XSLT gets
some real competition and it now looks like
XSLT will be used for push processing
of  mixed content and XQuery would be used
for the rest. I'm wondering what will happen
to DOM, which currently builds on XPath.

Wouldn't it be better for DOM to build on
XQuery instead? Isn't DOM just some
mini-repository?

Many thanks for the information!

Rgds.Paul.