   SV: [xml-dev] W3C's five new XQuery/Xpath2 working drafts - Still missi

  • To: "Massimo Marchiori" <massimo@w3.org>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: SV: [xml-dev] W3C's five new XQuery/Xpath2 working drafts - Still missing Updates
  • From: "Jens Jakob Andersen, PDI" <jens.jakob.andersen@post.dk>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 17:54:02 +0100

Sigh.

I see to my dismiss, that XQuery is STILL missing Updates.

Until the language start to think about updates and inserts in the
context that we know from the rest or the DBMS world, XQuery will be
nothing more than a fancy text retrieval query language.

I find that XQuery, coming from the document world very much forgets
about the database world, and this is one of the largest inhibitors of
XQuery success.

JJ