   RE: [xml-dev] W3C's five new XQuery/Xpath2 working drafts - Still missi

Hmmm.  I agree with your prescription, but not your diagnosis. Look at the
list of editors at http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-xquery-20011220/, Google a
few of them , and and then tell me that these folks "forget about the
database world." <grin>

Anyway, I [personally, the corporate line may be different] agree that
XQuery badly needs update support sooner rather than later.   I can't
imagine that people feel as strongly about this issue as they do about
patents, but look what happened when the rest of the world told the W3C that
the patent policy working group was going down an unacceptable path
[shameless self-promotion: see
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/12/19/patents.html].  If enough people make
this point to mailto:www-xml-query-comments@w3.org, then the W3C (either the
working group or the advisory committee) will surely see the light.