   Re: [xml-dev] W3C's five new XQuery/Xpath2 working drafts - Still missi

Well, the major reason the W3C got so many responses about the RAND issues was
because the story eventually ran on everyone's favorite technology tabloid
which also happens to have a strong anti-software patent bias amongst its
editors and its readers.

It is unlikely that the one can generate the same level of feedback amongst
the average users of XML with regards to XQuery not having updates without
resorting to sensationalism (e.g. the W3C's standards are now so complex and
yet so unfunctional that it is unlikely that the average business will be able
to understand how to use them to do anything useful without needing overpaid
consultants or overpriced GUI tools provided by the companies that are behind
most of the standards)  .

:)

I'm pretty sure such outlandish conspiracy theories would garner some

THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #202
All crones with the ability to prophesy will be given free facelifts,
permanents, manicures, and Donna Karan wardrobes. That should pretty
well destroy their credibility.