   RE: [xml-dev] Effective DOM (was RE: [xml-dev] Effective XML)

Level 3 has a lot of this.  I'm a bit fuzzy on the details off the top of my
head (there *is* a mother-of-all-normalization methods, and ways to filter
out unwanted stuff on load), but I would strongly recommend that people read
the various Level 3 specs linked off http://www.w3.org/DOM/DOMTR and comment
to mailto:www-dom@w3.org if it's not what you need.